Senior Research Manager –Quant
We are seeking a Senior Research Manager to join our growing humanQuant™ team –someone with a passion for finding patterns from different data sources, interpreting business and marketing applications for our clients, and telling compelling stories that have a real impact on their business.
This position will be based in our Emeryville, CA office, where dogs run free and the string cheese is available 24/7.
The Senior Research Manager will work with clients, team leadership and analysts to develop, manage and execute quantitative research projects while producing strategic insights. S(he) will shape research to help organizations seize new opportunities and thrive, bring forward new ideas, lead and inspire project teams, and also manage the operational aspects of project execution.
• Help determine the who, what, when, where and why for new projects, recommending best in class approaches, visualizing possible outcomes, and understanding potential challenges
• Support account growth by contributing to proposal writing and client pitches
Project and Team Management
• Act as Lead Analyst on some projects and client accounts
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow strategists and research analysts
Analysis and Reporting
• Work with client/project teams to derive clear, actionable, insights from analyses
• Develop statistical insights from quantitative data, both survey based and from other sources
• Envisage the structure and flow of research reports and develop charts and infographics
• Quality control final presentations to ensure data has been reported accurately.
• Compose and present final reports and deliverables that are strategic, clear, concise, and solution-oriented
• Serve as the primary client contact on projects and client accounts, becoming the face of humanQuant to some of the most prestigious companies in the country
• Develop a deep understanding of specific client business needs; act as a consultant and partner, not a vendor
• Lead or collaborate in workshop-style client meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s, preferably Master’s, degree in a related subject (social sciences, statistics, math, etc.) with a minimum of four years related industry experience. Demonstrated success building trusted relationships with clients. Prefer advanced experience with specific research methodologies including communications, creative and copy development, execution and effectiveness, brand positioning/strategy, segmentation.
• An innate ability to find the story in the numbers and see the forest for the trees.
• Willing to apply concepts creatively, rather than ‘by the book’
• Driven self starter with a deep intellect and the ability to execute
• Comfortable in client-facing roles and settings
• Curiosity: Wants to learn, understand and appropriately apply new approaches
• Critical thinking: Can determine whether or not something passes the ‘sniff test’
• Data Savvy: conceptual understanding of underlying statistical premise, i.e. can see ‘past the numbers’
• At ease working with large data sets
• Data precision: incorporates internal data checks
• Can ‘automate’ repetitive tasks
• Able to apply approaches across studies – ‘if it works here, it ought to work there’
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with an eye for the details
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential.
• Conceptual understanding of standard multivariate approaches (correlation, regression, factor, segments) and some familiarity with standard statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or Systat, R)
• Familiarity with common online survey platforms (Qualtrics, Decipher)
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenberg, Inc. is a unique, dynamic and creative research and strategy consultancy that integrates insight, design, and patterns thinking to help businesses transform. We’ve helped leading brands with strategic challenges in areas like brand and communication, new product and marketing concepts, customer and employee satisfaction, market segmentation, and consumer targeting. This position will be based in our Emeryville, CA office, where dogs run free and the string cheese is available 24/7.