Qualitative Senior Director
Senior Directors perform our domestic and international market research studies to identify insights that offer direction and inspiration to clients’ business challenges and ultimately ensure clients receive a better understanding of their customers and consumers. This position is responsible for shaping client-focused research programs, leading and inspiring direct and indirect reports and project teams, and performing the operational aspects of executing projects. Ultimately the Senior Director serves as the bridge between project teams, VPs, and clients.
Business Development/Client Leadership
• May Write and land profitable proposals for new and existing clients
• Tie projects together for individual clients and identify trends across client industries and regions
• Proactively develop business, identify opportunities, cultivate leads, and deepen current client relationships
• May establish strategic client relationships with key stakeholders and senior management; both locally and globally
• Ability to go from proposal to final product independently
• Identify opportunities for expanding scope of work in existing projects or turning existing projects into new projects
• Demonstrate leadership for cross-discipline teams to integrate balance of appropriate service offerings
• Ability to Manage project scope, schedule, and budget
• Design and conduct fieldwork, insight generation, analysis and reporting across domestic or international markets (first bullet)
• Design, lead or collaborate in workshop-style client meetings
• Coordinate and manage work by other team members
• Partner with creative, project management, and other internal departments
• Compose and present final reports and deliverables that are strategic, clear, concise, and solution-oriented (second)
• Own day-to-day client project management including internal and external communication
• Coach, mentor, and optimize performance of team members
• Provide indirect reports with regular feedback; participate in development plans and performance reviews as appropriate
• Serve as direct manager for one or more Strategists
• Support recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and termination processes as appropriate.
• Up to 60% regional and global travel
• Flexibility in frequent changes to travel arrangements and work schedule
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college; and at least 7 years related work experience in market research. Experience should include exposure to both qualitative and quantitative approaches, to include specific research methodologies (communications, creative and copy development, execution and effectiveness, brand positioning/strategy, segmentation, etc).
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1994, Greenberg is a strategic consultancy integrating research, design, and patterns thinking to help businesses transform and grow. We are a team of strategists, researchers, social scientists, marketers, designers, and videographers, shaped around our WholeHuman® approach – the art and science of tapping emotional, rational and instinctual responses to reveal the deeper truths about a brand or business.
Patterns Thinking is a system where we combine these human truths to reveal an underlying pattern that drives behavior. Patterns are both evaluative and predictive – enabling us to understand what has happened, what is happening now, and what is likely to happen (and the ways in which we can affect it).
We work with some of the world’s most respected brands, building insight-based strategy, design-led narrative and activation tools. These include Chipotle, Dell, Disney, Facebook, Intel, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Sony and Wells Fargo.