Your audiences have new needs, attitudes, and behaviors. How do you keep the real person in focus? The Greenberg toolbox includes:
• Thick Data Analysis – applying contextual, qualitative thinking to quantitative analytics to gain a richer understanding of the customer.
• Living Segmentation – Integrating attitudinal and emotional insight with behavioral data to create more accurate definitions of customer segments.
• Persona Video Stories – Cinema-grade video narrative of customer segments, incorporating rich emotional, behavioral and geographic layers of insight.
Your business needs maximum brand performance. How do you synchronize brand and business strategy to fuel reputation? The Greenberg toolbox includes:
• Programmatic Brand Strategy – Holistic analysis of the brand ecosystem to optimize engagement, resource allocation, and ROI
• Positioning Development – Corporate/product positioning analysis and evaluation to build more salient differentiation
• Brand Prototype – Insight-based development of new territories and brand extensions
The Holy Grail is a message that moves the needle. How do you ensure your marketing and communications have impact? The Greenberg toolbox includes:
• Creative Development – A marketing support-oriented approach to evaluating differentiation and creative power
• Message and Creative Evaluation – Objectives-based, humanQuant™ analytics to assess, refine, and validate creative direction, and support decision making
• React and Refine – Rapid analysis of consumer or business communications when timelines are tight and quick concept refinement is required
• Campaign Impact – Objective-based approach to track, evaluate, and refine campaign communications
No one asked for an iPhone. How do you map and design offerings for as-yet-unrecognized needs? The Greenberg toolbox includes:
• Need-State Mapping – Present- and future-oriented assessment of WholeHuman™ need states to identify product implications and recommendations
• Innovation Workshop – Multi-stakeholder ideation and creation session for identifying, prioritizing, and aligning innovation pathways
• Prototype Evaluation – Alpha- and beta-based testing of user experience, communication, and messaging for refinement
Employees are your most valuable advocates. How do you affect lasting change to sustain their effectiveness? The Greenberg toolbox includes:
• Vision and Values – Workshop-based Identity Mapping to activate, and sustain transformation
• Spirit of the Chief™ – C-level consulting to identify and remove barriers to leadership excellence — leading others from a place of integrity, honesty, and a deep grounding of self-knowledge
• Insight Activation – Programmatic approach to embedding deep customer learning into the bloodstream of the organization
June 2014 – Congratulations to Chipotle, CAA and Edelman for winning the PR Grand Prix at Cannes for The Scarecrow, a film and integrated campaign focused on food sustainability. Greenberg is proud to be Chipotle’s research partner, helping establish metrics for new models of customer engagement.
Moving from “broadcast thinking” to dialogue is critical for every organization. Chipotle’s video is a best-practice example of how intelligent and entertaining content can signal thought leadership, and stimulate new attitudes toward the environment and sustainability.
Research can be superficial: without care, it’s easy to see that people don't “bring all of themselves” to a research study. Our WholeHuman™ approach draws on all three centers of human intelligence – head, heart, and gut – to help us understand authentic and accurate patterns as they emerge. At Greenberg, inquiries at the rational, emotional, and instinctual levels are essential to shaping valuable insight.
Greenberg's Asia team has helped identify opportunity in the disproportionate benefit that consumers in Tier 2 and 3 cities gain from China’s booming ecommerce economy.
While their savvy Tier 1 city peers tend to view ecommerce as a necessity, outlying regions are delighted by new and exciting access to a vast number of international retailers. From this perspective, it’s no surprise that top-selling categories for Tier 2 and 3 include fun and fashion items, rather than functional essentials.
Source: Greenberg Global Wire, 2013
In a world where data is sometimes seen as the only absolute and objective truth, there's an interesting counter-perspective emerging. As a recent guest at Greenberg U, Andrew Claster, the former Deputy Chief Analytics Officer for Barack Obama's 2012 campaign, shared his thinking on applying experience with data and analytics from the political realm to drive results in the corporate sphere.
Formulaic thinking is the enemy. The framework for any strategic study must match the business challenge, not the other way around. Only simplistic questions require off-the-shelf solutions.
We work with businesses to help solve complex and nuanced issues, building an approach, team, and budget to match the business objective and challenge at hand.
"Thick data captures not just facts but the context of facts... Rather than seeking to understand us simply based on what we do, as in the case of big data, thick data seeks to understand us in terms of how we relate to the many different worlds we inhabit.”
~Mikkel Krenchel, Christian Madsbjerg, “Your Big Data Is Worthless if You Don’t Bring It Into the Real World”, Wired, April 2014
Segmentation represents one of the greatest risk/reward spectrums of any strategic assignment. At one end, there’s the opportunity to understand the deeper motivations and needs of your customers. At the other, there’s a very real chance that no one in the organization will really pay attention.
At Greenberg, we've built a Segmentation and Persona process that integrates data, insight, and design to create enduring organizational impact and transformation.
We believe that patterns exist beneath the surface of every category – essential habits, heuristics, and traits that drive people’s preference, behavior, and decision-making. We help identify these patterns to create an evaluative and predictive framework. Together, we can then see the bigger picture to better shape strategy, communication, and product development.
1250 53rd Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
14 Robinson Road #13-00
Far East Finance Building