We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to be an integral part of our Finance Team, with responsibilities for the financial close, reporting, and system governance. Must have the ability to work well with, and responsively to co-workers, colleagues, and others in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and will be involved in a significant portion of system administration for key corporate accounting financial systems modules (NetSuite, Nexonia, Adaptive Insights, TriNet, and Concur).
We are looking for a strong technical accountant able to pick up quickly on Greenberg’s systems and processes, and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision, takes initiative, and creates solutions.
This is a full-time position based in our Emeryville, CA office where dogs run free and the string-cheese is available 24/7.
• Operationally support, extend, and maintain ERP system
• Support accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate accounting in accordance with US GAAP and internal controls
• Assist the Controller in presentation and accuracy of financial reports and analysis
• Generate or review monthly bank and credit card reconciliation
• Assist in system implementation and enhancement of accounting procedures
• Perform month-end-close activities, such as general ledger account reconciliation, COGS allocation, revenue recognition, and closing packages
• Maintain fixed asset/depreciation and prepaid schedules
• Provide support in the design and preparation of annual company budget
• Special projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting from a 4-year University, with 3 years of accounting experience (including monthly close and depreciation), and 2 years of demonstrated experience with an ERP system, expense systems, external reporting, payroll systems and proficiency with Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables)
• Familiarity with NetSuite and Marketing Services Organization experience preferred
• Must be able to problem solve, think critically, and have a high attention to detail!
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1994, Greenberg is a strategic consultancy integrating research, design, and patterns thinking to help businesses transform and grow. We are a team of strategists, researchers, social scientists, marketers, designers, and videographers, shaped around our WholeHuman™ approach – the art and science of tapping emotional, rational and instinctual responses to reveal the deeper truths about a brand or business.
Patterns Thinking is a system where we combine these human truths to reveal an underlying pattern that drives behavior. Patterns are both evaluative and predictive – enabling us to understand what has happened, what is happening now, and what is likely to happen (and the ways in which we can affect it).
We work with some of the world’s most respected brands, building insight-based strategy, design-led narrative and activation tools. These include Chipotle, Dell, Disney, Facebook, Intel, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Sony and Wells Fargo.