Video Editor – Contract
A research project can yield many results around a range of topics, and we believe that design and video is key to ensuring engagement and comprehension. We make short-form, documentary-style videos based on research insights. Our internal video team works hand-in-hand with our strategy practices to align on business objectives and goals from start to finish. We're looking for an experienced video production and editing specialist to visually articulate the stories of consumers around the globe.
This is a full-time, interim position based in Emeryville, California.
• Edit and create a variety of documentary-style short form videos based on research insights
• Create rough and final cuts for evaluation and feedback within deadlines
• Educational and technical storytelling, visualize data and abstract ideas
• Incorporate Greenberg and client brand style guidelines into video elements
• Understand and perform the basics of video production, including general camera use, shot composition, and lighting
• Take briefs to grasp projects' needs and specifications
• Manage post-production schedule on assigned projects and coordinate review sessions with necessary team members
• Upload and manage videos on company Vimeo site
• Assist Video Producer with internal projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Arts or related field
• 3+ years of experience as a video editor
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
• Experience working under tight timelines and within budget
• Experience managing post-production processes
• Familiarity with different codecs and compression techniques and software
Preferred (Non-Compulsory) Qualifications
• Experience with DSLR video cameras and audio recording
• Experience in motion graphics animation and key framing in After Effects
• Shoot research fieldwork interviews and groups.
• Freedom to travel domestically and internationally to film research projects
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Founded in 1994, Greenberg is a strategic consultancy integrating research, design, and patterns thinking to help businesses transform and grow. We are a team of strategists, researchers, social scientists, marketers, designers, and videographers, shaped around our WholeHuman™ approach – the art and science of tapping emotional, rational and instinctual responses to reveal the deeper truths about a brand or business.
Patterns Thinking is a system where we combine these human truths to reveal an underlying pattern that drives behavior. Patterns are both evaluative and predictive – enabling us to understand what has happened, what is happening now, and what is likely to happen (and the ways in which we can affect it).
We work with some of the world’s most respected brands, building insight-based strategy, design-led narrative and activation tools. These include Chipotle, Dell, Disney, Facebook, Intel, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Sony and Wells Fargo.